Thursday, December 25, 2008

My first family Christmas dinner


I just got back from my future in-laws' Christmas dinner. Yes, believe it or not, I had been eating Christmas dinners all these while alone, for at least 10 over years, since my own family are not saved yet.

And I did have a good time. It's funny that my future wife is not around, but I am already spending so much time with them... first the trip to Melaka, and now the Christmas dinner. All without the main actress present. LOL

Oh, and we celebrated all the December babies too, and there were so many of them! 5 guys, including the eldest uncle, my future father-in-law and my future brother-in-law, and 1 girl.

And of course, the FOOD! Absolutely good! There was stuffed roasted turkey, Shepherd's Pie, steamed duck, curry chicken, fried squid with cheese, and many more! I think I put on 1kg in one night! Hahaha...

But I think the best thing is, everyone treated me like I am already part of the family, although legally and in the eyes of God, not yet :p

And I received a present too from them!



Merry Christmas everyone!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

Wow--that's nice... they like you! Even though she's not around-- truly grateful family!

What about new year, u celebrate with them too...

bet, u will tell ur readers about ur wedding..yah? Hmn, interesting!

Friday, December 26, 2008 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

You're getting married soon, John? Wow, I'm proud of you...I cant' even begin to think about marriage right now...I'm baffled. But hey, All the best buddy!

Saturday, December 27, 2008 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

As Mys Lyke Meeh said, "They like you!" You come across as a very likable man in your blog and I can only imagine you are even more likable in person. Your future in-laws know their daughter sees in you the good things she needs in her life and you obviously treat her with great respect and love and she in turn treats you with respect and love. That's a solid foundation to build a lifetime together on. I wish you nothing but happiness in your married life.
It is wonderful her family already treats you as one of their own!

Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Mys Lyke Meeh, yes, they are very nice people. Dream in-laws :) I celebrated the eve and first day of Chinese New Year with them this year. Next year (2009), I will need to go back to my own family for the eve and first day. Take turns :) Yes, I will share my wedding experiences here, God-willing :D

Thanks Ron :) Don't worry. Your time WILL come. I had been through a lot, and I never thought this day would come to pass, but look at where I am now :) I'm very sure there is that special someone for you, already out there somewhere... waiting for the right time, for both your paths to cross :) Who knows, maybe on one of your trips?

Thank you for the compliments, Donna :) and thanks for the nice wishes and words. I agree with you on the foundations of a great love - respect and love. Some schools of love teaches 3 components of love - friendship, respect, and passion. Friendship - the foundation of a house of love, respect - the walls of the house, and passion - the roof, or the icing on the cake. Nothing can be built lest there be the foundation. Without the walls, you feel exposed, and abused. And if the roof is too much, too low, you feel trapped and had to escape. You just can't eat icing all the time!

Monday, December 29, 2008 3:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home